I was in the market for a new brownie recipe to try (my friend and I were sharing a craving) and was sent this via Pinterest to try. I didn't do the original (9 x 13 of brownies is way too much to have around the house), so I had to make some changes.
These. Are. Amazing.
I'm allowed to say that, right?
Also, they're not awful for you. The way I made them, there's no oil, low sugar, and plenty of chocolate.
Vegan [Banana PB] Fudge Brownies
- 1 (overly ripe) mashed banana
- 1/3 C peanut butter
- 1/2 C milk (almond or soy to make it vegan)
- 2/3 C unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2/3 C all purpose, unbleached flour
- 2/3 C brown sugar
- 1/2 C [special dark] cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 C chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350 and spray a 8 x 8 baking dish.
- Whisk together your banana, peanut butter, milk, applesauce, and vanilla until well combined. Gradually add your dry ingredients (minus the chocolate chips-- save those for last!)
The dough will be thick-ish.
- Fold in your chocolate chips last.
- Using a spatula, pour/scoop the batter into your prepared dish. Smooth the batter as evenly as possible.
- Cook for 25 to 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean from the center. *Note: Be careful not to over bake, because then they wou't be "fudgy".)*
Pineapple Chicken Quinoa Pilaf
1 day ago