Welcome to my site! Here I share tales, tips, and treats about being a modern-day-housewife, something I am constantly working on. I'm a wife of six years and counting, a mother to a crazy toddler and one "fur baby", and a lover of hot tea, long books, cooking, and theatre.
I've been thinking for a while what the perfect dessert would be for my birthday. I know, silly and maybe a bit selfish, but I can't help LOVING my birthday.
When I made those Key Lime Bars a few weeks back, I had the idea of Key Lime Cupcakes. The recipe was growing in my head like a virus, and then... what do you know... someone posted a recipe on Sweet As Sugar Cookies. I was a little devastated that someone got to do the honors before me, but why should that stop me from being creative? Plus, I would have never thought to use Lime Jell-O!
Oh, yes. This is exciting!
- 1 box of Lime Jell-O
- 2 1/4 C Unbleached, All-Purpose Flour
- 3 1/2 TSP Baking Powder
- 3/4 C Sugar
- 1/2 C Butter or Margarine, softened (1 stick)
- 1/4 C Vegetable or Canola Oil
- 3 Eggs
- 1 Tbsp + 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1/3 C Key Lime Juice
- 3/4 C Water
- In a medium sized bowl, mix together the Jell-O, flour, and baking powder. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whip the butter until nice and soft. Then add the sugar, mixing until well blended. Next add the oil, eggs, and vanilla (all separate).
- Squeeze some key limes (I had to use six) until you get 1/3 C of juice. Then add it to your wet mixture.
- Add the flour mixture to the wet mixture in thirds. Add 1/3 of mixture, then 1/4 C of water, until you have completely mixed it all in.
- Fill the pan holes about 2/3rds of the way full.
- Bake in the oven for 18 to 20 minutes. Remove and let them cool before applying frosting!