Welcome to my site! Here I share tales, tips, and treats about being a modern-day-housewife, something I am constantly working on. I'm a wife of six years and counting, a mother to a crazy toddler and one "fur baby", and a lover of hot tea, long books, cooking, and theatre.
Perfect for a summer day when you want more than just a glass of pink lemonade! Designed especially for a friend's birthday, who doesn't love a new cupcake recipe?
- 1.5 C All purpose, unbleached flour
- 1 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 2 1/2 tsp sugar free pink lemonade mix
- 1/2 C sugar
- 1/4 C Canola oil
- 1/4 C unsweetened applesauce
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 C water
- 1/2 C milk
- 3 tsp "Funfetti" sprinkles (or those of your choosing)
*Optional: add a few drops of pink food dye (not pictured).*
- Preheat your oven to 350.
- Mix together your flour, baking powder, and pink lemonade mix. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the sugar and oil, then add the applesauce, eggs, and vanilla.
- Add the flour mix to your sugar mix in thirds, alternating with the water and milk. So, 1/3 of your flour mix, then the water, then 1/3 of your flour mix, then the milk, and so forth until it is all well combined.
- Mix in the sprinkles last. These are completely optional. Of course, it's not "funfetti" if you don't add the sprinkles!
- Bake the cupcakes for 18 to 22 minutes. I cooked mine for 18 minutes and they really stuck to the paper. Not sure if this is because I didn't spray the paper (usually not necessary with cupcakes) or if it's because I didn't quite cook them long enough.
- Let the cupcakes cool and then add the frosting (if desired) of your desire. I used vanilla frosting (not pictured, sorry!) but I think you could even get away with lemon frosting on these! Wouldn't that be delicious?