Welcome to my site! Here I share tales, tips, and treats about being a modern-day-housewife, something I am constantly working on. I'm a wife of six years and counting, a mother to a crazy toddler and one "fur baby", and a lover of hot tea, long books, cooking, and theatre.
M&M's have always been one of my favorite candies. However, I never seemed to put them into cookies. Since I was making May Day baskets (post coming later today), I thought what better way to completely celebrate than to add a new treat from my kitchen? These are so easy, and you can pretty much never go wrong with cookies!
- 1/2 C packed brown sugar
- 1/2 C white sugar
- 1/2 C butter (1 stick), softened to room temperature
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 C unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 C M&M's
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix sugar, eggs, butter, and vanilla thoroughly.
- Add flour mixture to the wet mixture in thirds to complete combine them.
- Carefully mix in 3/4 C of M&M's.
Drop dough by teaspoonful onto ungreased cookie sheet or use a cookie scooper if you have one!
- Slightly push a few candies on top of each dough ball with remaining M&M's.