Saturday, May 5, 2012
Teriyaki Chicken & Pineapple Stir Fry
Any sort of stir fry is pretty much a win in our house. Since it's warming up outside and the taste of pineapple is one of our favorites, I thought I'd try the two together (pineapple and stir fry, that is)!
- 1 lb chicken breats/tenderloins, cut into cubes
- 2 bell peppers (I used red and yellow), cut up
- 1 C pineapple cubes
- 3 tbsp + 1 tsp low sodium Teriyaki Sauce
- 1 1/5 tbsp corn meal (or 2 tbsp of corn starch)
- 1 1/5 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp cooking sherry
- Let the chicken soak in the 3 tbsp of Teriyaki sauce for at least one hour in the fridge. Remove from the fridge and add the corn meal.
Easy and delicious!
(Inspiration for the recipe came from Skinnytaste.com and my previously posted Chile Chicken.)