Welcome to my site! Here I share tales, tips, and treats about being a modern-day-housewife, something I am constantly working on. I'm a wife of six years and counting, a mother to a crazy toddler and two "fur babies", and a lover of hot tea, long books, cooking, and theatre.
Any sort of stir fry is pretty much a win in our house. Since it's warming up outside and the taste of pineapple is one of our favorites, I thought I'd try the two together (pineapple and stir fry, that is)!
- 1 lb chicken breats/tenderloins, cut into cubes
- 2 bell peppers (I used red and yellow), cut up
- 1 C pineapple cubes
- 3 tbsp + 1 tsp low sodium Teriyaki Sauce
- 1 1/5 tbsp corn meal (or 2 tbsp of corn starch)
- 1 1/5 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp cooking sherry
- Let the chicken soak in the 3 tbsp of Teriyaki sauce for at least one hour in the fridge. Remove from the fridge and add the corn meal.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet with the ground ginger and garlic powder over medium heat. Add the chicken mixture and sautee until cooked through, about five to ten minutes. Add the extra tsp of Teriyaki Sauce when needed (the chicken will, more than likely, stick to the pan to a certain degree).
- Add the peppers, pineapple, and cooking sherry. Sautee for another five to ten minutes.