Saturday, July 14, 2012
(Simple but Delicious) Homemade Sloppy Joes
Clark does not like sloppy joes. At all. Something about a weird memory from a camp he used to work out.
Regardless, he still managed to eat one of these... so that means they have to be good, doesn't it?
I'd like to think so!
- 1 lb hamburger (lean)
- 1/2 C finely chopped onion
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 to 3/4 C tomato sauce
- 1/4 C tomato paste
- 1/2 tsp liquid Hickory Smoke
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 3 tbsp soy sauce (light)
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp tabasco sauce
- Brown the hamburger with your 1/2 onion and 2 cloves of minced garlic.
- Add the rest of the "fix in's".
- Cover and let simmer for 15 to 25 minutes.
- Serve on a bun or however you like it.
Make it extra delicious and serve with homemade Zucchini Chips!
Inspiration for this recipe came from: Trick's Chef.